Friday, February 18, 2011

Friday 2/18/2011

Good Evening,

I am going to try and keep this post brief, but I just wanted to update everyone on what is going on with Cooper.  A few weeks ago, we met with the pediatri surgeon and he agreed that Cooper is a candidate for the muscle biopsy.  So this Tuesday, February 22nd, we will be going to Texas Children's for day suregry and they are going to remove a piece of muscle from his leg about the size of his pinky.

I have to admit, this is the first procedure that is really wearing on my mind and heart.  Cooper is so tiny, and his legs are so little,  a piece of muscle the size of his pinky is really a large piece to take out.

Out of all the blood test we have been running lately, they have all come back normal, and his white blood cell count and sed rate are back in normal ranges.  These are good things, but Cooper still has not been improving with his walk or stability.

After we spoke with the pediatric surgeon, we were asked to swing by the neurologist office, and she pulled in the neurologist who specializes in muscle disorders.  He examined Cooper and agreed the next logical step would be this biopsy.  Of course I asked if there were conditions in which the disorder does not show up in blood test.  He would not meantion the names of any to us, which is probably for the best, because Kirby and I would be googling and worring......

So we will call on Monday to find out the time of surgery for Tuesday.  The results can take up to a month to come back, but we've been waiting for over a year already, so what's a month.....

I will keep everyone updated when we find anything out.

Love Always,
The Cannon Family